Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Brunswick St and Gertrude St Fitzroy

I'm back from holidays again! I have been holidaying in Melbourne and Central Australia with my family, and caravan - pics to come!

While I was in Melbourne I HAD to visit the shop Meet Me at Mike's (63 Brunswick Street Fitzroy Melbourne Australia). Long before I started sewing I stumbled across the book 'Meet Me at Mikes' it has a lot of cool projects to sew, knit, crotchet, etc.



I fell in love with the book and the creator - Pip Lincolne, mainly because she had a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel ;). From there I began to follow her blog Meet Me at Mikes, her creativity is inspiring!





I was hoping to meet Pip that day but she wasn't in, her husband was there instead. Originally I wanted to get a picture of him in the store, but straight after I asked him I thought to myself 'is that weird?'. So before I left he kindly took a picture of me standing infront of the register with a picture of Pip and him in the background - as a consolation. He must have thought I was strange!


Gertrude St and Brunswick St, Melbourne are lined with vintage, second hand shops, arty shop, up and coming designers of fabric, clothes, ceramics, homewares, and lots of quirky little interesting stores.

A few that I stumbled across and loved were:
Leonard St Spacecraft Third Drawer Down The Fabric Store


Third Drawer Down is a quirky store that sells everyday things with an imaginative twist - bacon wallet, burnt tree scent air freshner, right and wrong labelled knitted gloves, swiss cheese door wedge.


Spacecraft had a lot of homewares made out of fabric from a local designer.


The fabric store had a heap of dress fabrics, linen, silk, merino wool, cotton. I was like a little school girl running through a field of cotton - literally.


No comments:

Post a Comment