Thursday, May 19, 2011

Teapot Cozy


With the cooler months, I have been drinking a lot of tea lately. I stumbled across an awesome book on tea cosies - 'Really Wild Tea Cosies' by Loani Prior. There's some really wacky looking cosies but they're all a bit of fun, the pictures make me want to make them all - now the trouble is I don't have enough tea pots!

The book encourages to make a lining as well as the top tea cosy, so that's why it looks like I've got two tea cosies here, I place the teepee looking one on top of the snuggly fitted one and put stuffing between the two layers to fill it out. It helps the teepee keep it's shape and also keeps my tea warmer longer!


Here, I'm attaching the pompoms to the base of the cosy.

 I had a lot of fun making these poms poms! I got good use out of my pom pom maker, so it didn't take long at all...


All finished! Time for some tea I think :)



No comments:

Post a Comment